Muppies is recruiting for a Director of Programming who will oversee Muppies digital and physical programming. The Director of Programming is tasked with strategic visioning and (in partnership with program/event leads) overseeing the execution of its existing programs. S/he will also be asked to the performance of its programming and recommend ways the organization can strengthen its programming.
The Director of Programs is a key driver of membership growth and engagement as it supports the organization’s membership engagement and fundraising efforts. S/he will actively pursue relationships with Muppies local, national, and international team members.
Muppies expects the Director of Programming to promote the Muppies brand/program standing by actively participating in relevant networks. Muppies expects the Director to demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s D&I philosophy and Community Values by role modeling these values to all team members and stakeholders.
Director of Programming– Muppies Global Executive Team Member, volunteer
- Strategic visioning and (in partnership with program/event leads) overseeing the execution of these programs:
- Webinar Series
- Mentorship programs
- Summer Internship Program
- Muppies Annual Conference (MAC)
- Service Week
- Evaluate the performance of Muppies’ programs, and make recommendations to strengthen the programs
- Serve as a point-person to local teams in coordinating events
- Ability to join weekly Exec Team calls and quarterly in-person Exec Team meetings
Term: 2 years; eligible for a second term
Desired qualifications and experiences for all positions:
- A sincere desire to serve the Muslim community
- Enthusiasm for the Muppies vision and mission
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an emphasis on diplomacy
- Strong organization skills
- At least 2-5 years of relevant experience; preference for those who demonstrate experience with nonprofit / membership organizations
- Ability to work in and lead teams
- Ability to consistently commit the designated time above for 2 years; preference for those who can commit to three years
The Executive Team
The Executive Team serves as the organization’s lead strategic and working committee. They shall participate actively in the programs and activities of Muppies as officers and committee members. Exec Team members are the lead strategist and executors of Muppies’ global activities and are also the lead resource for City Executive Committees. Click here for more info on Executive Team Group responsibilities.
The roles on the Executive Team are dynamic year-to-year and reflect the change in, growth of, and needs of the organization.
How to apply: Submit your Muppies Volunteer Application (designate ‘Director of Programming’).
Deadline: Sunday, November 24, 2019